Responsibilities and duties include:
- Effectively use assembly methods, manufacturing orders, bills of materials, routings and part prints.
- Perform work according to released methods 100% of the time.
- Follow safe working practices and notify any supervisory personnel or safety team member if an unsafe condition is observed.
- Achieve efficiency targets.
- Properly bag and box product to established quality standards and notify your direct supervisor if bad product is found.
- Demonstrate respectful behavior with all employees.
- Operate with a sense of urgency when required.
- Understand and follow employee handbook.
- Understand and know where the Material Safety Data Sheets are located.
- Fill out daily labor cards correctly, completely and timely.
- Be present and punctual according to work schedules (starting time, quitting, rest and clean up periods).
- Able to develop multiple skills for multiple cells as needed.
- Maintain all surrounding areas for cleanliness, orderliness, and organization per established 5S practices.
- Participate in SQDC Board meetings as scheduled.
- Discuss all questions and concerns with your direct supervisors in a timely manner.
- Visually monitor parts during boxing for obvious quality defects.
- Ensure that the labeling of boxes are completed following established methods 100% of the time.
- Ability to safely and properly operate various boxing equipment, such as scales and tape machines.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos and blue prints.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and fill in required quality forms.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Basic computer and math skills required
Western offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates may submit a resume (MUST include salary requirements) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at 440-871-1279, by mail or in person at: 33672 Pin Oak Parkway, Avon Lake, OH 44012 or 875 Bassett Road, Westlake, OH 44145. No phone calls, please. DRUG FREE/EOE