Responsibilities and duties include:
- Safely handle, transport, and mix chemicals such as acids
- Correctly utilize all personnel protective equipment 100% of the time.
- Ensure that only gages and tools that are used are within calibration dates.
- Follow and complete documentation per the cleaning production methods 100% of the time
- Sort and re-work non-conforming parts as required.
- Perform work according to released methods 100% of the time.
- Follow safe working practices and notify any supervisory personnel or safety team member if any unsafe condition is observed.
- Achieve efficiency targets
- Produce product to established quality standards and notify your direct supervisor if non-conforming product is found.
- Demonstrate respectful behavior with all employees.
- Operate with a sense of urgency when required.
- Be present and punctual according to work schedules (starting time, quitting, rest & clean-up periods)
- Maintain all surrounding areas for cleanliness, orderliness and organization per established 5S practices.
- Discuss all questions and concerns with your direct supervisors in a timely manner.
- Performs and documents preventative maintenance according to released methods 100% of the time.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence memos and blue prints.
- Write simple correspondence and fill in required quality forms.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Read and properly use measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, go/no-go gages, and other inspection devices as needed
- Effectively use shop packages to include, but not limited to, manufacturing orders, bill of materials, routings, part prints, job layouts and quality alerts.
- Understand and follow employee handbook
- Understands and knows where the Material Safety Data Sheets are located.
- Fill out daily labor cards correctly, completely and timely.
- Develop multiple skills for multiple cells as needed.
Western offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates may submit a resume (MUST include salary requirements) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at 440-871-1279, by mail or in person at: 33672 Pin Oak Parkway, Avon Lake, OH 44012 or 875 Bassett Road, Westlake, OH 44145. No phone calls, please. DRUG FREE/EOE