Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for the inventory/ direct materials purchasing function in the assigned plant location. Including; sourcing, price negotiation, negotiated cost reductions, order placement, order entry and order maintenance within the Infor/XA system.
- Administer the Kanban system for both MRO and Inventory orders.
- Maintain accurate data in support of the supplier performance rating system.
- Purchase inventory items from approved suppliers only.
- Follow expenditure approval level procedure when placing orders.
- Maintain follow-up reports to assure on time delivery.
- Coordinate and maintain records on Vendor Corrective Action Requests.
- Act on delivery promise requests, expedite, and de-expedite requests.
- Make arrangements to return rejected or excess items to suppliers.
- Focus on; cost reductions, inventory reductions, reduce products rejections, improve payment terms and on-time delivery performance.
- Improve and streamline data entry tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 or 4 year degree in Purchasing, Materials, Business Administration, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience, purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic computer skills including MS Word and Excel
- Must be able to occasionally lift product, not exceeding 40 pounds