- Primary responsibility for activities related to global suppliers.
- Establish new sources.
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers.
- Coordinate the initial approval and subsequent re-approvals for global or other assigned suppliers.
- Manage scheduling of assigned global commodities.
- Resolve delivery and quality issues with assigned suppliers.
- Initiate and manage cost reduction initiatives working with Quality, Engineering and Sales.
- General buying duties as assigned, including domestic.
- Placing and entering purchase orders for inventory and MRO items.
- Maintain accurate data in support of the supplier performance rating system.
- Purchase inventory items, and items affecting product quality, from approved suppliers only.
- Follow expenditure approval level procedure when placing orders.
- Maintain follow-up reports to assure on time delivery.
- Coordinate and maintain records on Vendor Corrective Action Requests.
- Act on delivery promise requests, expedite, and de-expedite requests.
- Make arrangements to return rejected or excess items to suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of purchasing, data entry, basic computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Previous experience working with Asian and other global suppliers.
- Sourcing experience, working for a manufacturing / assembly operation.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- BS/BA or Associates Degree in Purchasing, Materials, Business Administration, or a related field; with a minimum of 3 years’ experience, purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
Western offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates may submit a resume, including salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at 440-871-1279, by mail or in person at: 875 Bassett Road, Westlake, OH 44145. No phone calls, please. DRUG FREE/EOE