Responsibilities and duties include:
- Follows safe working practices and notify any supervisory personnel or safety team member if an unsafe condition is observed.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Opens containers.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Loads truck for Industrial Truck Operator.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Assembles crates to contain products such as machines or vehicles.
- Shovels loose materials such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics, or chemicals, into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels.
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- 2-5 years of experience
- High School Education or equivalent (G.E.D)
- Tow motor certification, as required
- Opportunity for voluntary overtime
- Medical coverage offered
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Company covered life insurance
- Company funded pension plan
- Air conditioned facility
Western offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates may submit a resume (MUST include salary requirements) by email to email@example.com, by fax at 440-871-1279, by mail or in person at: 33672 Pin Oak Parkway, Avon Lake, OH 44012 or 875 Bassett Road, Westlake, OH 44145. No phone calls, please. DRUG FREE/EOE