Responsibilities and duties include:
- Reads customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Gather correct parts and quantities per order.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, or product code.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets, carts or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Records amounts of materials or items distributed.
- Uses computer for reference and support.
- Compiles tickets from customer specifications for product needed.
- Follows safety guidelines.
- Correctly maintain and complete daily labor cards.
- Communicate with supervisor and coworkers about issues or information pertaining to daily jobs.
- Make sure the order is completed, as much as possible, before shipment.
- Make sure the order is picked in the proper time frame.
- Interface with other departments to ensure customer order deadlines are met
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Western offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates may submit a resume (MUST include salary requirements) by email to email@example.com, by fax at 440-871-1279, by mail or in person at: 33672 Pin Oak Parkway, Avon Lake, OH 44012 or 875 Bassett Road, Westlake, OH 44145. No phone calls, please. DRUG FREE/EOE