- Coordinates production, distribution, and warehousing in accordance with established policies, principles, and procedures
- Drives positive change in all aspects of plant operations using continuous improvement tools and methodologies, teamwork and shop floor metrics, to include quality, cost, delivery, safety and housekeeping
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, assign, coordinate, and supervise work of maintenance and operations employees; write AOP and comprehensive reports
- Confers with planning, quality, purchasing, assemble and other internal customers to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in area
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees
- Reviews production costs and product quality, and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division
- Verifies that all methods and operation procedures are followed and effective training programs are maintained.
- Assures that preventative maintenance schedules, activities and records are managed effectively and are kept current
- Conducts effective performance reviews and coaching sessions with proper documentation for both
- Demonstrates strong leadership by leading by example
- Recommends budgets to management
- Directly supervises employees in the Avon Lake Operations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Understands production planning concepts
- Possess a working knowledge of machining, assembly, materials, maintenance, quality programs, repair of buildings and equipment, safety programs and managing budgets and expenditures
- Ten years of manufacturing experience in operations including screw machines, industrial assembly, CNC mills and lathes, chemical processing for cleaning and plating production components and plant maintenance.
- Five years experience with implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree (B.D.) in Sciences, Engineering or Business Administration.
- MBA or Masters Degree in a manufacturing field is preferred
Western offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates may submit a resume, including salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at 440-871-1279, by mail or in person at: 33672 Pin Oak Parkway, Avon Lake, OH 44012 or 875 Bassett Road, Westlake, OH 44145. No phone calls, please. DRUG FREE/EOE