Responsibilities and Duties:
· Execute supporting activities with customers to drive sales and focus.
· Provide materials to partner sales teams and maintain contact to ensure their continued focus on selling Western.
· Measure and monitor results of efforts to ensure sales objectives are being met.
· Identify and cultivate accounts in the region that align with Western products.
· Provide feedback on competitive activity in the region, and make recommendations on sales and marketing activities, products and pricing.
· Be expert in understanding of Western product and market applications of product.
· Conduct strategic account reviews with assigned customers on a regular basis to review service needs and usage trends.
· Develop effective and regular communication programs advising Western customers of new products, pricing promotions, technical developments and sales opportunities.
· Develop and participate in product presentations, visits, and demonstrations to key prospects and customers.
· Train the distributors on new & existing products.
· Become an expert in the industry in terms of who the players are.
· Understand & keep abreast of all buying groups, philosophies and who the key players are
· Identify new product opportunities
· Provide feedback on sales trends, market conditions, competitors, and pertinent product information. Support Trade Show activities
· Stay abreast of key internal / external performance indicators as it pertains to the company’s performance compared to customer’s expectations
· Proven sales results managing a multi-state territory.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Highly organized, disciplined and detail oriented.
· Proficient at planning regional trips and sales calls.
· Comfortable selling technical products.
· Strong communications in person and via professional emails.
· Recognized leadership skills.
· Working knowledge of the process industry, industrial and OEM markets.
· Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of 7 years of successful proven sales experience in the process control or industrial sales industry.
· 7 years of successful documented technical product sales experience.
· 5 years of managing direct customers, distributors, representative groups and OEM relationships.
· 3 years of experience effectively cold calling customers.