Responsibilities and Duties:
· Grind cutting tools from blanks for (OD & ID) use in manual, multi spindle & CNC equipment
· Braze and silver solder carbide inserts into tool blanks
· Inspect purchased & internal produced cutting tools
· Regrind / repair used tooling as needed
· Troubleshoot tooling problems with shop personnel
· Modify tooling as needed
· Removes burrs from ground edges of tools.
· Technical resource for all facets of tool grinding.
· Assist with fixture manufacturing
· Assist with machine maintenance as needed
· Identify and solve related tooling problems. Responds in a timely manner to tooling problems and operates with a sense of urgency when required. Works extra hours when required.
· Possess and use tool design knowledge for new jobs and troubleshooting cutting tool performance
· Aids in the development of Capital Equipment Justification proposals for tool grind equipment, as required
· Ensure tool grinding schedule is followed and completed on time
· Maintain inventory of perishable and non-perishable grinding equipment
· Maintain tool grinding equipment preventive maintenance schedule
· Maintains positive working relationships with manufacturing personnel and other staff members in order to support a positive workplace environment.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 10 years+ experience required
- Must be able to visualize manufacturing operations and potential problems that may arise
- Must be capable of lifting 40 pounds
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting
- Working in an office, tool grinding, and machining environments
Western offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates may submit a resume (MUST include salary requirements) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at 440-871-1279, by mail or in person at: 33672 Pin Oak Parkway, Avon Lake, OH 44012 or 875 Bassett Road, Westlake, OH 44145. No phone calls, please. DRUG FREE/EOE